Waterloo Presbyterian Primary

Waterloo Presbyterian Primary

Additional Info

  • Principal: Mrs.Michelle Mahabir-Dass
  • Address: Waterloo Road, Carapichaima
  • Contact Information: Phone/ Fax: 673-5426; Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Population: Student Population: 173; Teaching Staff: 9
  • Our Mission:
    The Waterloo Presbyterian School is dedicated to the holistic development of its pupils in relationship with all the stakeholders in a stimulating and caring environment, providing quality education to develop valuable citizens.
  • Message From Principal:

     

    principalThe Waterloo Presbyterian School is a competitive, high performing school rooted in the rural village of Waterloo, Carapichaima. We are committed to offering a total quality education. Our mission statement is to employ all available resources to provide in a meaningful, caring and stimulating atmosphere, a holistic and all round education for our pupils, an education suited to their needs and potentials. Our ultimate goal is to produce well adjusted, disciplined and productive citizens, capable of living harmoniously and playing a useful role in or modern society.

     

     

     

  • History of School:

     

    On the 8th of December, 1889 a Canadian pioneer Presbyterian Missionary, Rev Fulton Johnson Coffin, came to Trinidad to replace Dr. John Morton who had returned home for a brief vacation and Rev. Knox Wright who had moved out of the Mission.

    His arrival saw the implementation of a new ordinance in Education in 1890 and his first major assignment was to organize the establishment of schools in the Couva Mission Field. Waterloo Presbyterian School was one of the eight schools established in Brickfield, Waterloo Estate, where the first village was established in the vicinity of the Brick Factory near the Massala River. This school catered for the children of East Indian Indentured labourers and for those children whose parents worked in the Brick-making industry.

    Some ten years later, because the Brick factory was closed down, the school was relocated where the present school is situated at Waterloo Road, Carapichaima. A wooden structure 40 feet by 20 feet was constructed to house the school. Sometime later a wing 20 feet by 10 feet was added to the building.

    In November, 1954 the present building was constructed in a “T “shape to accommodate 175 pupils. The present enrolment is 173 and with a Staff of 9 members.

  • Additional School Info:

     

    Motto: Give of Your Best

    Vision Statement: By the year two thousand and seventeen (2017) the Waterloo Presbyterian School will be the epitome of excellent quality education aimed at empowering individuals to function in a changing technological society within a global village.