Reform Presbyterian Primary

Reform Presbyterian Primary

Additional Info

  • Principal: Sigmund Bissoon
  • Address: Guaracara Tabaquite Main Road Reform Village
  • Contact Information: Phone: 650-4943; Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Population: Student Population: 279; Teaching Staff: 12
  • Date Established: 1938
  • Our Mission:
    To create and sustain an environment with organized programmes of work which would cater for the intellectual, spiritual, moral, technologically skilled, aesthetic and physical development of each child that would enable him/her to function as a disciplined, worthy, productive and patriotic citizen and to grow in stature and in favour with God and Man.
  • Message From Principal:

     

    principalWelcome to Reform Presbyterian School. At our school every child is valued and trained holistically to become productive and participating citizens in our beloved country. At Reform Presbyterian we uplift Christ driven teachings and sow into all our pupils’ lives, sound moral and ethical beliefs and trainings that will redound to the future. We welcome all visitors, friends and community members warmly. Our teachers and our pupils are proud to be part of the Presbyterian presence in Trinidad and Tobago.

     

    (Image: Mr. Bissoon and the School's Manager)

     

     

  • History of School:

     

    The Reform Presbyterian Primary School was in the early days known as the Reform C.M School. It was established by the Presbyterian Church in Trinidad in 1938. The land on which the school stands was donated by the Grant family. The wooden structure was of the ‘open classroom’ type. The formal opening of the building took place on the 8th of September, 1938 by the Mr. J.D. Cutterridge, who was then the Director of Education. The first Principal was the late Mr. Harold Hosein.

    That building was occupied until 1992 when authorities decided that it was unsafe for further use by staff and students. On 14th September, 1992 the school was relocated to the Reform Village Community Centre. The staff and student operated a three shift basis until November 1997.  On 10th November, 1997, the present student body and staff moved to its new edifice. The formal opening of the building took place on 21st November, 1997, by the Honourable Minister of Education, Dr. Adesh Nanan.
    At the back of the school is a large play area which is well maintained and provides adequate space to accommodate the school population. There is a car park at the front providing adequate parking for teachers.

    Our school participates in most competitions and activities whereby we have won many. Students have also excelled at the S.E.A. examinations placing in the top hundred in years 2003, 2006 and 2008, 2010,2011, 2013 and 2014. Students have gone on to both five and seven year schools including Naparima Boys and Girls, Presentation College and St. Josephs Convent.

    Many prominent citizens whose foundation began at this school now hold top positions in this country and even abroad. Within the past five years our school has been the school of choice for parents in and out of surrounding areas.

  • Additional School Info:

     

    Vision Statement: To achieve quality education for all the students of Reform Presbyterian School through the following:

    1. By making improvements in the lives of students by creating learning opportunities offered in new programmes of interest to the individual with different needs.
    2. Creating a comfortable learning environment.
    3. Improving the delivery of the curriculum.
    4. Developing linkages between the school, parents and stakeholders.
  • Image Gallery:

     

    • ref1
    • ref10
    • ref11
    • ref12
    • ref13
    • ref14
    • ref15
    • ref16
    • ref17
    • ref18
    • ref19
    • ref2
    • ref20
    • ref3
    • ref4
    • ref5
    • ref6
    • ref7
    • ref8
    • ref9
    • reform1